Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Thinking Process

Even though I am a trained software professional and have a well equipped, net enabled computer in front of me, i never been a blog reader or didn't even get fascinated by this medium of freelancing. A couple of months back I was searching something in Google starting with 'Syrian Christian Jacobite' and ended up reading Sarah's blog Daughter's of Tomorrow. This gave me an inspiration to write something ( I used to write a nice diary in my high school days until my parents read it. I even won a second price in college for short story writing). In my days of deeper desperation, I did write a number of articles about life as a single child, a child looking forward to get parent's affection and attention rather than getting scolded for not reaching up to their expectations, how to be bold and stubborn for what you think right, waiting for love, thinking of lost love etc... etc. Later on when I turned back to my old writings, i find myself a cloumnist than a story teller. I thought of creating a blog with an undisclosed identity and rewrite everything....but I am not too bold to write things with the same intensity and my limitations in English language made me to give a stop to it. If I get the same courage to write again, i will do it in Malayalam. This is a short background of why I started a blog. Once I deleted my old blog, I was still motivated to write something.
Then I found lots of blogs about cooking. I struggled in this country craving for some of my favourite foods and later on compromised with close substitutes...but my search for best substitutes took more than 4 years and here I created my blog to help some of the new Kerala brides shifting to US, to cook some of their home land specialities in US kitchen.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you know I only had 2 years of education( pre-degree) in English before I went to medical college?
If I can write a blog in English..then..you know the rest..

Never be afraid to write..
Never be afraid to be you
Go on..write.. I can assure you.. you already have a fan!

Asha R said...

sarah: Thank you Sarah

FH said...

Welcome to blogosphere Asha r.I was the ONLY Asha so far but anymore!:D

Blogging is great to express whatever you have and think.If you do get a rude comment,don't worry.It just shows their "class" and ignore it:))

Hope to see more of you around.

Nitha said...

Do start writing ...eagely waiting to read